You have to maintain your website if you want it to keep running smoothly, just like you have to maintain your car. You don’t literally have a hood to pop and take a look under but there are some general website maintenance tips crucial for keeping your website design healthy, your internet marketing strategies in check, and your SEO content up to date. You should give your website a check-up at least once a month, and Best Edge SEO can help you get the job done.
Email is still one of the most effective internet marketing techniques around. Setting up an email management system that saves you time and delivers user friendly content is critical to internet marketing and keeping your website active.
Your web host should offer traffic statistics that give you an in-depth look regarding how visitors surf around your website. It should also provide you with answers to the following questions:
- How much time do visitors spend on my website pages and on my website as a whole?
- What pages do visitors exit my website from? This is important to know because it could have something to do with website design or a simple site glitch. Regardless, Best Edge SEO can help.
- What search terms and keywords (SEO content) bring the most traffic to my website?
- What causes traffic spikes on my website?
You should also be aware of your sales stats. High traffic numbers are great. It means you’ve done something right with your website design development (like hiring us to help you). High sales stats mean you’re making money and you’re doing something right with your SEO content and internet marketing.
- Check for broken links.
- Keep an eye on competitor sites to see if they’re running promotions or have new products.
- Search the web using random words and phrases to discover new paths that lead to your website.
Once you’ve had your website designed and launched, keeping everything clean and updated is of great importance to your business. As long as you keep an eye on everything listed here, you’ll be in good shape.