In 2013, people are numb to advertising and expect more options. Yesterday’s marketing techniques are no longer enough to drive business to your website. In order to market your site to the best of your ability, the first step is to ensure that you understand your real needs and purposes. Who are you trying to reach? What are you trying to accomplish? Use that knowledge to achieve the best website marketing possible.
The importance of meta data, or the keywords people may find in a search, cannot be understated.
- A keyword search is imperative before building website content.
- Search engines are likely to be one of the driving sources of your website business.
- Make sure people who are looking for your services can find you by using the best possible keywords in your content.
It’s important to note the search activity at both a local and national level to ensure you pick the right keywords to drive business to your website.
Know Your Competition!
Know who your competitors are. Effective website traffic needs to be directed. You must know who might take your customers and why.
- What about their advertising and their website might draw business to them instead of to you?
- It’s likely that they aren’t using the best terms to bring attention to their services. This offers a tremendous opportunity to you, their competitor, to step in and use the right search terms to pick up those lost customers.
- It’s up to you to know and capitalize on why your business or services are better.
Take advantage of the world’s obsession with search engines to drive business your way!
Another oft overlooked, but imperative, element of drawing business to your website is link building.
- Don’t make it difficult for clients to find what they are looking for.
- Don’t make links that are confusing or irrelevant.
- Ease of finding what they are looking for is one of the primary drivers for customers in the internet age.
Links are necessary for navigation. Use yours for more than just getting around, use them to draw customers in and keep them there.
Advertising is not what it once was. You can’t rely on outdated ideas for new technology.