People search the Web for a variety of reasons: for information, to shop, to communicate, to find services. Knowing how and why they search is a key to knowing how to use keywords or phrases to get your Web site maximum exposure, according to the experts at Best Edge SEO.
According to a recent study, about 25 percent of people polled said a Web site received good keyword rankings because they were useful relative to the keyword phrase searched. A useful site is one that visitors need based on the keyword search that got them there.
To maximize usefulness, you may want to create new content for one or more inside pages on your site every couple of weeks. Useful pages contain original content.
The following were found to be other reasons for good rankings:
- Keywords are in the page heading or content.
- The site ethically builds links through quality,
- Most of its incoming links are on quality Web pages, so the site is getting good references.
- It has frequent, honest updates.
- It’s trustworthy in words and appearance.
- It gets minimal useless content penalties.
- It gets other natural backlinks.
The best way to figure out the best keywords or phrases is to imagine what a person searching for your information would type. It can be difficult, but there are keyword tools online to help find good ideas.
The keywords must be relevant, though. Using keywords just because they are popular but don’t have much relevance to the site is a good way to get penalized by the search engines.
Don’t take any chances. Contact Best Edge SEO for help in maximizing your visibility. Call 1-888-501-0353.