There are so many beautiful websites out there, boasting impressive images, stunning layouts and striking graphic design. However, as many businesses have found out in the past, too much style and not enough substance can cost the company dearly.
While it’s certainly important that your website is dressed to impress, appearances should not be your sole priority. There are a number of other aspects that you need to consider when getting your website designed.
Five Vital Things Your Business Site Needs to Feature
1) Responsive design. The way in which people search online has shifted dramatically in recent years. Now, it’s just as likely that they’ll be checking out your site on their smartphones as it is they’ll be looking on their laptops. As a result, it’s imperative that your site is fully responsive on all devices, or you could risk missing out on valuable business.
2) Easy navigation. Your customers want to access the relevant information, and they want to access it fast. It’s your job to make it as easy as possible for them to find what they’re looking for. Planning the site thoroughly beforehand is a vital part of the process.
3) SEO. It doesn’t matter how great your site is, if people can’t find it online, they won’t know your company exists. Optimizing your site is key to your success. This involves a number of elements, from creating image tags and site-maps to adding fresh content on a regular basis.
4) Fast download speeds. Your website needs to download quickly for two reasons. Firstly, if it takes ages to appear, it’s likely your customer will lose interest and simply visit the next site instead. Secondly, slow download speeds are heavily frowned upon by Google, and won’t help with your online ranking.
5) Calls to action. Always remember, your customers are visiting your site because they’re actively interested in your products and services. As a result, you need to make it as easy as possible for them to act on their interest. If you’re an eCommerce site, make the route to the checkout as straightforward as possible, with plenty of buttons linking the relevant pages. If they need to call to book your services, place your number somewhere obvious. Don’t make them hunt for the relevant information… as you run the risk that they simply will not bother.
Website Design Services in Tampa, St Petersburg and More
If you’re thinking about getting a new website for your business, talk to BestEdge SEO today. We’ll work with you to create a site that works hard for your company and generates a great return on investment. To find out more, call 1 888 501 0353.