Firstly, to begin with a word of warning. If anyone promises to get your site to the top of Google in a week or so, be afraid. Be very afraid. High quality, long-lasting SEO is not something that can be achieved overnight. It takes time, considerable effort and a lot of know-how.
Thankfully, most people are aware of what methods to avoid when it comes to SEO. However, just in case you’re unsure, here’s a quick recap.
Black Hat SEO Techniques to Avoid
1) Fake followers. There are a lot of people out there, promising to get you thousands of Facebook and Twitter followers, in exchange for just a few dollars. It sounds too good to be true, doesn’t it? Well, that’s because it is! If Google identifies the fact that your website is linked to a social media account that’s full to the brim of fake followers, you could drop in the rankings as a result.
2) Keyword stuffing. Rewind a few years, and virtually every website out there was inserting keywords at every opportunity in a bid to reach the coveted top spots on the search engines. However, these days, if Google thinks you’re stuffing keywords in for the sake of SEO, you will be penalized.
3) Landing page ad nightmares. It’s tempting to fill your landing pages with adverts. After all, you want your customers to buy from you, and you want to make sure that you get their attention. However, too many ads, and the search engines will decide that you’re offering an inferior search experience, which spells bad news for your rankings.
4) Buying links. It’s really tempting to buy links. They’re hard work to generate organically, and when someone comes along, promising you thousands of ‘high quality’ links, the offer is too alluring to resist! However, resistance is definitely the sensible option here, as poor links will adversely impact on your search engine ranking.
5) Meaningless content. If your site has content that has only been placed there to appeal to the search engines, be warned, it could do more damage than good. Google has sophisticated algorithms that assess the quality of the content, and if it’s poorly written, nonsensical writing, it won’t do your business any favors.
Getting SEO Right with Florida’s SEO Experts
If you’d like to improve your website’s visibility and start generating more business for your company, talk to the team at BestEdge SEO today. You can get in contact by calling 1 888 501 0353.